Mask and other PPE Making Efforts
WE NEED YOUR HELP
Have you been looking for a way to pass the time? Want to stick it to COVID-19 while maintaining shelter-in-place mandates?
Thistle and Spire is looking for at home crafters and seamstresses to join us in stocking local hospitals with face masks, hospital gowns, and face shields for medical personnel and patients in partnership with the Afya Foundation.
WANT TO DONATE INSTEAD?
We're accepting new and unused donations of the following items:
- Ziplock bags
- Flat elastics or thin elastic cords
- Cotton or Polyester Batting
- Cotton t-shirts, pillowcases, or sheets
- Cotton Fabric
Let us know what supplies you can donate here!
Are you all stocked up?
- Hospital gowns, gloves, hair nets, or shoe covers
- N95 Masks, surgical masks, or face shields
Wondering what we're doing?
- Our team is taking time out of their normal work routine and duties to help sew face masks and other PPE for patients and healthcare individuals.
- Our Design Assistant has organized a hand-off between Afya Foundation and some of our trusted creatives in NYC to add elastics to otherwise unusable masks.
- We're using our platform to connect and collect additional donations to create a much bigger force of volunteers behind this effort.